Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankful for a "no-chain" ride today

Wow, I had a "no-chain" ride today. They don't happen very often, but when they do it's just like magic. Everything just clicks, your bike feels great, and your legs are turning those pedals like there is "no chain". The ride only lasted 2 hours, but I felt like I could just go all day long. Not sure what it was.....

  • Maybe it was the great sunny crisp fall day.
  • Maybe it was riding my road bike on the road and not a trainer for the 1st time in 3 months.
  • Maybe it was that the Beavers won a great football game last night by determination and not giving up in the last minutes when all looked doom and gloom.
  • Maybe it was not having knobby cross tires under me.
  • Maybe it was the 1st day my legs didn't ache walking up the stairs after my 1st "house of pain" strength class last week.
  • Maybe it was not being in a race.
  • Maybe it was my first road ride on my bike since a bike fit by Russell C. It felt like a rocket ship in the corners (he dropped my handlebars 8mm).
  • Maybe it was my new road shoes feeling good and not getting cold toes.
  • Maybe it was my PV kit - they are know to provide superhuman strength at times.
  • Maybe it was riding some roads in my old stompin' grounds I haven't ridden for 6 months.

Maybe it was all of these, some of these, or just one. It doesn't really matter. The key was that I realized a "no-chain" day was happening and I just enjoyed the ride.

Have a great Turkey Day and remember there are always many things to be thankful for.

No comments: