Monday, September 03, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

It's been more than a few months since I got on a bike, so I haven't been "inspired" to blog much.

The separated shoulder kept me off the bike for awhile. Then I figured since I was down, I may as well get "fixed" at the the same time (those male procedures at 37 years old gives a new meaning to "saddle sores").

Well, after 3 months without reasonable heart pumping excerise, I was a physical example of how biking is directly proportional to happiness. I lost my mojo, man.

The good news, is that I started riding at the beginning of August. It took a few weeks, but the MOJO IS BACK. Over this weekend, 6000ft+ of climbing and 30mph decents on gravel roads - I found it.

Don't miss the Bike Film Festival this weekend. I'm planning to go Thursday night and program 4 and 5 on Saturday.

Cross season is almost here and I'm pumped. It's definitely the most fun you can have on a bike while busting your lungs for 45 to 60 minutes. Here's an excellent blog on cross racing by a local racer (best I've seen).... Laatste Ronde

Here's the races I have circled on the calendar. Hope to see you there.

Sept 15th: Krugers Kermesse
Oct 7th: Cross Crusade at Alpenrose
Oct 21st: CrossCrusade at Rainer
Nov 4th: CrossCrusade at Hornings Hideout
Nov 18th: CrossCrusade at Hillsboro Stadium
Dec 2nd: Cross Crusade at PIR (national guys will be here, you don't want to miss that).

No comments: