Sunday, October 29, 2006

Spooky Cross (Cross Crusade #4) - 10/29/06

What a weekend - Beavers beat #3 USC and a great day for Spooky cross. Can't ask for a better weekend. In honor of the Beavs, I made a last minute costume change to Captain Upset. It was a hit for the spectators and it got me $5 off my entry fee. There were some killer costumes out there. I still can't figure out how the girl in the blow up Sumo outfit got over the barriers.

It turned out to be a nice sunny cool morning. The course was great. Reminded me more of a mountain bike course, but you don't ever jump over a COFFIN in a mountain bike race. There were some technical turns in the trees. I kept the speed down in the corners for recovery (learned that one in Hillsboro after 4 crashes). There were a few straight away hill climbs to max out the lungs and pass the slackers.

An extra bonus was FREE beer at the keg stop along the course. I decided to pass during the laps since it was on the dark side. However, it hit the spot after the race was done. I mean, you can't find a better time on a bike than a cyclocross race.

Denise and Luke joined me at the race. They took some great photos below. What a great way to spend a 12th wedding anniversary day (not sure if that's what she had in mind).



Catching the Competition



GIT- R - DONE


My Favorite Fan

No comments: