Monday, April 14, 2008

Kings Valley Road - 4/12/08

What a great day for racing. It got to 79F in Oregon on Saturday (too bad it only lasted one day). The course was fantastic - beautiful area. It was a 19 mile loop - lots of roller hills to burn the legs - and a 1k climb to the finish line.


This was my first race mixed with the cat 4 guys, so my plan was to hang in the pack and do a hard effort on the final hill. Well, that was definitely the right plan. Now I just got to get the legs alittle stronger to finish alittle better. I was happy with my finish for the fitness level that I'm at - I put in a good strong effort on that last hill - passed a few guys and got passed by a few guys.


It was interesting that basically the 1st 50.5 miles (51 total) was alittle "dance". It really didn't matter too much where you were at. The front half of the pack was a good position since the pack "exploded" on the final hill and it was easy to get around riders if you had the legs for it. The second photo is me in the "pain cave" crossing the finish line. However, it looks like I recovered quickly at the 3rd photo after the finish.


The team had 2 guys in the top ten. One of them rode with me in the pack the entire race. The few guys at the front probably spent too much energy at the front. A good learning lesson for a race that isn't a flat finish.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.