Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cherry Pie Race Report - 2/17/08

This was my first road race with a team. Actually, my first road race in about 5 years. Weather was great and no crashes - that I consider a good success.

We had 7 guys in Cat 5 men, only UoO men had a similar size group. Everyone was alittle nervous on the neutral roll out to the start. However, things settled down once we started going. I was actually surprized how mellow the pace was in the pack.

My plan was to gain experience and lead a couple attacks for the team. That plan worked out great. The point of my attacks were to cause confusion in the pack and make some other teams work. I figured that was working when guys were getting annoyed when I'd start to soft pedal after awhile.

Before the final hill at the finish, I started a lead off of our group. I was dead before the hill so I lost quite a few spots there, but it help to start off my teammates that got 1st, 2nd, and 5th. We also made the local Corvallis paper (I'm the third from the right).



No comments: